Web Soil Survey :- This survey is full of data related to the ground objectives and all the important parameters related to the study done on the soil. The soil survey is also named as soil mapping. It is the process of characterization of soil and its properties. The basic process is to select any particular area, study it by sampling method by using various types of instruments, and getting all the desired calculations necessary.
The principle used to study soil science:
As we all know, soil science includes morphology, theories that are related to soil information, geography, analytical studies done on vegetation and patterns of land.
Nowadays this survey is done in an advanced way by using advanced technologies. This technology conspires of aerial photography, digital instruments, topography, mapping keys, etc.
Web Soil Survey
Components that are related to soil survey
- A descriptive discussion about the ways to utilize the survey.
- A general map of soil that includes all the data which can be used to compare sustainability, reliability, etc. of large sections of the land.
- A detailed drawing of the map with a series of specific soil and detail index as well.
- Management of soil.
- Physical features.
- Descriptive tables.
- Pie diagrams, graphs that show statistical data.
- Tables containing standards that can be compared with recorded data.
Ways to access the data of soil
- Provision of request for data.
- Spatial and tabular data.
- Obtain data in real-time.
- Spatial attributes.
- Source database.
- Bundles of results.
Basic steps to state general information
- Use the area of interest tab.
- Click the soil map tab.
- Click the soil data explorer tab.
- Use the shopping cart tab.
These surveys are carried to help
- general farm.
- local and wider area planning.
- soil quality.
- few conservation and engineering applications.
- Walmart Survey
- U.S. Geological Survey
- Pizza Hut Survey
- Panda Express Survey
- Oracle Survey
The brief description of soil mapping
- Remote sensing is generally a process where aerial photography is principal of process and other digital techniques like LiDAR are getting popular eventually.
- Initially, soil scientists carried hard copies, maps, sheets, and mapping keys along with aerial photography.
- But today’s scientists carry tablet computers and GPS in the field with them.
- The tablet is loaded with the required software and the have codes that analyze the data and provide the desired results.
- The information from the survey is useful for farmers and farmers who provide more information for crop production or other applications.
- The survey also defines the nutrient contents in particular soil that helps to decide the type of crop to be produced on the same land.
- It also points out whether the soil is good to cultivate crops otherwise used to build buildings or supplies for the storage of nearby cultivations or machinery, instruments needed for producing crops.
Soil surveys are helpful in evaluating the terrain properties and contents that either help farmers and farmers grow crops or the building engineers and architects in the same country.
Related Tags :-